Friday, July 15, 2011

Life Reflection

Humans are intricate and can never be figured out completely.  No one is really that simple with the emotions we hold and a battle of self vs self.  We have to deal with inner conflict and memories that bring us joy or pain.  We're not made only to survive like animals.  We think about our past, present, and future.  We have feelings, thoughts, desires, dreams, and so much more going on inside of us.  We have a heart, a mind, and a body we have to protect.  We have scars left by pain & hardships and we also know forgiveness and moving forward.

As I grow older, I often reflect about the way that I have lived and the person I have become.  I've made many mistakes, some minor and some life changing.  I've been hurt and I have hurt others.  Stuff has happened to me and some stuff I foolishly put myself through.  This is why "growing pains" is such a theme in my life 'til now.  The pains of growing up and learning who you are and living with the choices you have made is an incredible journey.  I realize how much time I have wasted in my own world unable to control the emotions that possessed me for years.  Now that I'm in the mid to late 20s age group, I can't help to feel that time is so important.  Once you lose it, you can't get it back, so we should really appreciate every minute and moment of our lives.

Life really will pass by in a blink of an eye.
I hope that while I'm here, I can become the woman God intended me to be and to really make a difference somewhere somehow.


 

No comments: