Friday, June 18, 2010

Career Choice

Lately I've been thinking about school and if I were to go back to school, what would I want to pursue.
I remember years ago I wanted to become a teacher, but nowadays it doesn't look promising.

I've been thinking and dietetics sounds very interesting to me.

Registered Dietitian
  • Completed at least a bachelor’s degree at a US regionally accredited college or university.
  • Completed a didactic program in dietetics accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association (ADA)
  • Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).  For more information regarding the examination, refer to CDR's Web site.
  • Completed continuing professional educational requirements to maintain registration.

Ever since I've learned how to diet, lose and maintain my body weight, I've been really interested in health and nutrition.  I wish I can just go to school full time and not work.  It's not that I don't like my job.  I actually like it a lot and the pay is not so bad, but it's sort of a dead end job.  I mean you can't really move up from here after you've reached a certain point.  What am I going to do when I get married and have kids?  I have to quit my job or maternal leave (quick styles) and come back knowing there's a chance I have to get hired somewhere else, but will they hire me?  I need something more than this.

I tell myself that it's okay.  My time will come.
I'm so envious of people who don't have to work and can just go to school because their parents can pay for it.  Seriously... you guys don't know how lucky you have it.  Something so simple or expected for you is a only a dream to me. 

It's okay ...it's okay....

No comments: